Tuesday, May 24, 2011

End of the Freshman year

   So yeah..... I decided to spill my guts to you people as high school goes on. I must be going crazy. To be fair, I'm a rather dorky person and I do theater and choir to top it all off so I've never been entirely sane.
   But theater and performing.... they are the greatest rush, the greatest joy I've ever known. Add to that all the drama I seem to attract these days and you have a relatively crazy life. But it is my life and I love it despite all the complaining I do.
   Today was the last day of my school year, meaning I am now locked in the prison cell called solitary confinement for a few days. But there will hopefully be plenty of friends over the entire summer and maybe even some romance.... ;)
   I'm technically a sophomore now that I'm out of school but I don't feel any different and I doubt I will any time soon. But next year is full of hope for me. Our theater department is doing Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat and I can't wait for auditions. I'm also hoping I won't get injured again (never take the theater good luck term of break a leg literally -- trust me!) so that I can actually participate in the shows and Relay for :Life when it rolls around again next year.
    This summer should be quiet. Some music writing with friends, going to the pool, painting the new house, reading every book I can get my grubby little hands on, and shopping with babysitting money. I'm most looking forward to the music writing because I would really like to be a musician but that is a tough career path to follow -- it takes talent, blood sweat and tears, and the right connections. I looks easy but is actually a ton of work and responsibility. And you are pressured to look and act a certain way. Well, I don't look like most of today's stars. And I act better than some I could mention. But I want to know if I have what it takes so I'm going to put myself out there and if maybe I can get myself recognized and maybe even famous.
    Well, it's like a quarter after 2 in the morning and I have physical therapy and friends and cleaning tomorrow. I will try to post at least once a week on Fridays (if there's ever anyone following this...) so keep an eye out!!! I promise things will get more exciting when school starts back in August, perhaps sooner.
     "On that day, that not so distant day, when you are far away and free, if you ever find a moment, spare a thought for me." ~ Think of me, The Phantom of the Opera.
 Spare me a thought every so often.
  Your ever so sincere high school drama geek, 
Audra.

1 comment: