Friday, August 24, 2012

Messiah time!

I mean the Handel masterpiece. Not the coming of Jesus or anything else that may be associated with the phrase "Messiah time".

Every other year, my school does a production of a selection of pieces from Messiah, including the aria's, Hallelujah chorus, and several orchestral movements. The performance combines all 4 choirs, all the orchestras and all the band. Combined we fill the stage and can't move until we get off the stage. It's an amazing thing, and it's really great!

But I sing soprano. Which means I'm in the rafters of the treble clef. And I'm sick with allergies. Yet I somehow managed not to die or cough my lungs up during the "Amen"s at the end!! I was pretty proud of myself.

We must have moved into an alternate universe last weekend. Only way to explain that.

No comments:

Post a Comment